Precision machining of ceramicsIn the field of technical ceramics, it is quite often that the manufacturing of components with tight tolerances requires high-precision machining by grinding, ultrasonic machining or laser micro-machining after sintering. Our facility Microcertec S.A.S in Collegien is an expert company in this field.
The advantages of precision machining of technical ceramics components are :
- production of prototypes and small quantities with no expensive tooling
- achievement of specific geometries
- achievement of tight tolerances
- repeatability and uniformity of dimension and geometry features batch after batch
- cost-effective when the added value is in the precision grinding rather than in the manufacturing of the as-fired part.
Our equipment at Microcertec comprises of manual, automatic and NC diamond grinding machines – surface, cylindrical, centerless, honing, milling-drilling, lapping and polishing.
We can offer a full range of dimensions and tolerances with the variety of machines that we have :
- a few tens of millimeters up to several tens of centimeters in length / width and outside / inside diameters
- dimension and geometry tolerances as tight as less than 10 µm or even less than 5 µm depending on the dimensions of the part
- flatness of one light band – 0.333 µm
- surface finish as low as Ra 0.1 µm depending on the advanced ceramic material.